Thursday, June 16, 2011

work work work workkkkk.

I’m estimating that 90% of my time this summer will be spent at the pool. Or in a pool. Or a lake. Or the ocean. Or just basking in the sun in general. Well that’s the plan at least. So I’m starting out following the plan nicely. Plus all the awesome additions that come with working at a pool & teaching small children how to swim: Crying babies. Freezing cold water... at 9am. Accidentally talking to everyone like they’re a small child. Oops. Super coooooool tan lines. Getting tan in general. Chlorine. Lots of chlorine. OTTER POPS. Slurpee’s. The smell of that stupid cold storage factory that smells more like rotten spinach. It’s not summer, or Lincoln pool, without it. It’s terrible, yet I love it all. Best summer job EVER. <3

The other 10% of my time will be spent inside Hollister, which has really become a cave to me. Sucking away all my extra free time. Yay for jobs right? But seriously, it is kind of awesome. Except for the whole working until midnight last night & having to leave home at 6:30 this morning to help with the new update. Yuck. timeforsleep.

I’m just hoping somewhere along the way I find some more time in the day to be a normal 18 year old human.

1 comment: